This is our life … II

We’ve had such a fun weekend already! Friday we took our lil’ man on his first camping trip to South Carlsbad State Beach at 7 months old!! He was all smiles, and couldn’t believe that he got to play outside ALL day . . . his favorite! We went camping with a group of friends from our pre-baby days, and Liam did great. He didn’t sleep as well as he does at home (with all the noise), but there were absolutely no tears, so I think that is a win! Plus Mama and Dada got to spend some time with some friends we hadn’t seen since Liam was born!


Liam spent a lot of time working on his crawling (almost there!), sitting, and flirting with the ladies. He loves blondes, and lucky for him there were a couple of blondies that went camping with us. We also spent some time down at the beach, playing in the water and watching Daddy throw frisbee.


I did another This is our life… post back when Liam was almost 3 months old. It’s fun to see how much has changed in our daily routine! Here’s a little recap of today:

5:00 AM: I hear Liam talking, look at the monitor and he is up rocking on his hands and knees. Mama said it is way too early to get up, so I go in and feed him and he falls asleep for another 45 minutes.

5:45 AM: Hear Liam up working on his crawling skills again; I am still not ready to get up this early on a Sunday, so I go in and grab him and bring him into bed with us. He rolls around for a while and falls asleep between us until 7:00.

7:00 AM: Daddy gets Liam up, changes his diaper and gets him dressed for our morning walk on the boardwalk. I feed him and Daddy makes me coffee before we go.

7:30 AM – 8:30 AM We are missing Grandpa Bear today, so we put on all of our Cardinals gear and take some pictures to send to Grandpa. We take a walk on the boardwalk and watch the birds and doggies, and smile at people as they go by. People liked my Cardinals hat, and said Go Cards!

8:45 AM: We’re back at home, and our little barista makes coffee for Dada, then we read some books before going down for his morning nap. Making coffee is one of his new skills, and he is very impressed with himself when we taste the fruits of his labor! haha

9:00 AM: Nursed, and put down for a nap in his crib.

10:30 AM: Liam woke up from his nap, I changed his diaper and nursed him. Mama and Dada wanted to take a bike ride, so we got Liam lotioned up with sunscreen, and went for a ride by the bay. We took a break at the park to ride some dolphins, play in the sand, eat the sand, wash our hands, and drink out of the water fountain. Liam loves doing everything Mama and Dada do (except the eating sand thing). Then we headed back home on our bikes, while Mama sang made up songs.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

11:45 AM: We had a family picnic on our patio for lunch. Mama and Dada had salad and Liam had banana, puffs and water.

12:30 PM: Nursed, and down for Nap #2

1:15 PM: Woke up crying from his nap, fell back asleep in 5 minutes

1:30 PM: Awake again at 1:30 – I think his sleeping schedule is a little off from our camping trip, but I’m sure it will be back to normal soon. We did some bouncing in our jumperoo then played outside in the grass. A nice man was walking by, said Liam was cute, and played us a song on his harmonica. Liam was a big fan, but was a little bummed when the man left after only playing one song.

2:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Went inside to eat, and read some books. Played peek-a-boo with Mama while she put diapers and clothes away, played the piano, chewed on stuff, rolled around with happy apple, drove tractors around the living room, and read some more books.

3:30 PM: Liam was ready for another nap, so I nursed him and put him down in his crib. He rolled around a bit and fell asleep around 3:45.

4:35 PM: Awake – we decided to take a family trip to Costco to do some grocery shopping. Liam loves people watching so he had a great time walking around with me in the carrier while Daddy pushed the cart. As a reward for being so good he got to try his first strawberry! He was grabbing it right out of my hand he liked it so much!

6:30 PM: We got home and unloaded groceries, played on the floor a bit and got ready for our bath. He always gets so excited for bath time squealing and laughing, and he had a great time playing with his crab and rubber ducky toys in the bath tub.

7:00 PM: We put on our pj’s, said goodnight to Dada, nursed, and put him down in his crib for the night.

What a big day! I just finished the dishes, have homemade pizza in the oven, and am planning on relaxing with the hubs the rest of the evening.

Leave a Reply