Since Liam is almost 3 months old (wow!), I thought it would be a great time to give you an update on what our favorite baby products are (so far) and what our little guy has been up to!
Liam is so big! At our 2 month appointment he was:
- 15-lbs 5-oz
- 24.7 inches!
- I’ve started cooing a lot and I love to talk to my toys
- I laugh and smile
- Bath time is one of my favorite activities – I’ve learned how to kick and splash and spend a long time playing in the water
Liam’s Favorite Things:
1. Liam has been super alert from the day he was born, and is now starting to interact with us and objects more. It has been super fun, and I love hearing his conversations with this guy (a gift from his Susu) –>Bright Starts Tug Tunes – Elephant. He will lay on his changing table happily chatting away with him for several minutes.
2. Babiators – We take several walks with Liam throughout the day – and since we live in San Diego, these sunglasses have been a lifesaver – and they are absolutely adorable! He is so curious and loves being able to look around at everything without sneezing (a trait he got from his mommy!).
3. It took us a while to get Liam to take a pacifier, but MAM Pacifiers are his favorite. They have been so helpful in helping him fall asleep, and when he’s upset they help calm him.
4. 4Moms mamaRoo – our little guy hated the super popular Fisher Price Snugabunny Swing that everyone recommended. We tried to get him to love it, but it just wasn’t happening. He loved bouncing on our exercise ball, so we decided to give the Mamaroo a try (it has a kangaroo setting that is supposed to be similar) and he loves it. He doesn’t fall asleep in it too often, but it’s nice to be able to have a place to set him where he’ll be content for a few minutes – it was totally worth the investment.
5. Sleepy Sounds App – a friend recently told me about this white noise app that you can download from iTunes for free. Liam sleeps so well with the wave sound, and seems to like it better than any of our other white noise machines. I also like that it will stay on all night, or you can set a timer for it to shut off after a certain amount of time.
6. Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Sleeper – we’ve had Liam sleeping in this next to our bed since we brought him home from the hospital. He sleeps great, never woke up more than twice to eat, and has even started sleeping through the night in the last week!
7. Seatbelt Holder for Carseats – Carseat Sidekick by Short Stack Jack – this has been so helpful for getting Liam in and out of his carseat, especially if he’s asleep. They hold your carseat straps out of the way so you can get baby in and out without having to fish the straps out from behind them.
8. Solly Baby Wrap – Liam loves to be worn, and especially loved being carried in a wrap during these first 2 months. We originally bought a Moby Wrap, but it was so warm on the hot days we’ve had here in San Diego, that we also purchased a Solly Baby Wrap that is more breathable and perfect for warmer weather. It has been a favorite for Liam and for Collin and I. It always gets him to sleep if he’s overtired, and Collin really enjoyed wearing him in the beginning – it was a great way for him to bond with him.
What are some of your favorite baby products that worked with your little one at this age? We haven’t transitioned Liam to his crib yet, but will probably be working on that soon – do you have any tips or ideas that might make the transition easier for him?