I’ve been wanting to make this registry guide for new parents for a while, and now I have the perfect excuse 😉
Now that our little guy is two and we have another on the way, I feel like I can really speak to the usefulness and give an honest opinion of what we’ve really used from our baby registry. I did a ton of research when putting together our original registry and found lots of great products, but have also found a lot of things we’ve loved after Liam was born.
I have broken the registry down into nursery, feeding, bath-time, gear & essentials. I left out clothing, because honestly you will get so much clothing at your baby shower regardless of what you register for.
I created an Amazon baby registry, because they have the largest selection, a lot of times the best prices, and you really can’t beat Amazon Prime shipping especially as a new parent!
First up, Baby Registry Essentials (and things that will help keep your sanity as new parents)!
1. The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Baby Sleep Longer – every new parent needs to watch this! Save yourself some time and skip reading the book – everything you need to know is on this DVD!
2. Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier – this was great for that newborn stage when they want to be close and feel like they are still in the womb. It was always the best way to calm Liam during the first few weeks.
3. MAM Pacifiers – our little guy wasn’t a huge fan of the pacifier in general, but this is the only one he would take.
4. Zipadeezip – this helped Liam so much during sleep-training & once he was too big to swaddle anymore. His naps went from 30-40 mins. to 1 1/2 hours!
5. Cloth diapers (more info on this below)
6. Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets – Liam has had the worst time with teething, and these teething tablets have been so helpful. I also feel good knowing they are homeopathic vs. giving him Tylenol or Advil all the time.
7. Gaiam Balance Ball (I am 5’11” and we purchased the 75cm one) – this is our most-used baby item!
8. Foscam Video Baby Monitor – if you are debating whether to get a video monitor, just do it! You will love being able to see and hear your baby – such peace of mind! This one is great & a great price for a video monitor too!
9. Sleepy Sounds White Noise App – this app is free & we still use it to this day. I love that you can literally take it anywhere. We’ve used it on the plane, during walks, camping, and at grandparents’ houses – he’s always had the comfort of hearing the same “sounds” & he knows it’s time to sleep when we turn them on.
10. Milk Snob* – this is a new item that is on our wish list for baby #2! Offers true 360 degree coverage and can be used as an infant car seat cover or nursing cover.
11. Skip Hop Pronto Diaper Changing Station – several of our friends recommended this, and we are so glad we have it! We still use it to this day, and it has come in handy while traveling in places where changing tables are not the norm – or for Daddy to change diapers. It’s surprising how many men’s restrooms don’t have changing tables these days!
1. Boppy Nursing Pillow & Covers (2)
2. Lansinoh HPA Lanolin
3. Bamboobies Super-Soft Washable Nursing Pads – 6 Pair Breast Pad Mix
4. aden + anais Burpy Bib
5. Philips AVENT Natural Polypropylene Bottle, 4 Ounce & 9 Ounce, 4 Pack
6. Munchkin Bottle and Nipple Brush
7. Ikea highchair – this highchair is super inexpensive & easy to clean. It’s been great for baby-led weaning!
8. Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack
9. Philips AVENT SCF330/20 Comfort Manual Breast Pump – I ended up loving using a manual pump so much I never bothered to hook up my electric pump. This one was quick, comfortable, and easy to clean! Also great if you are wanting something for travel – super easy to use on the airplane or in the car.
10. Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon, 6 Count
11. Bebe au Lait Muslin Nursing Cover* – I specifically love this brand of nursing covers. I had a couple of others, but they didn’t stay in place as well as this one does. I love the new muslin fabric, and would love to try it with baby #2! Living in San Diego, babies can get pretty warm while nursing under a cover, and I think this may help!
1. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling N Seat Tub
2. Skip Hop Bath Spout Cover, Moby
3. Kikkerland Whale Natural Rubber Bath Mat – Our little guy is horrible about standing up in the bath tub – we’ve learned to embrace it, and having this bath mat helps keep the slipping to a minimum.
4. Toys – we have so many bath toys at this point, but some favorites have been the Munchkin squirters, alphabet letters, bath crayons, and the Green Toys tugboat.
5. Toyganizer Bath Toy Organizer – We originally had a cute 3 Sprouts bath organizer, but a lot of our bath toys ended up getting moldy. This one allows the water to drain and toys dry much better! No mold in the few months we’ve been using it.
6. Skip Hop Dunks Stacking Bath Toy – These make great rinse cups & Liam loves pouring water from them.
7. Honest Co. bath soap
8. Skip Hop Hooded Towels
9. Alaffia Bubble Bath for Babies
Our nursery favorites!
1. Crib Sheets – Serena & Lily – Love these sheets; they are so soft and the prints are really pretty.
2. Kendall Crib – Pottery Barn
3. Harper Crib Skirt – Pottery Barn
4. Catalina Dresser – Pottery Barn
5. Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad & Covers
6. Crane Cool Mist Humidifier, Elephant
7. 3 Sprouts Laundry Hamper, Orangutan
8. Ikea Spice Rack book shelves – I saw this idea on Pinterest & love it! It has been great, especially as Liam gets older for him to be able to reach his books & sit down in his little Pottery Barn chair to read.
9. American Baby Company Crib Bumper, Aqua – We didn’t start using this until Liam was 12 months; he was bigger and moving around in his sleep more and would get his legs stuck in between the crib slats. The bumpers help minimize the number of times we have to get up in the middle of the night to free him.
10. Anywhere Chair – Pottery Barn – we received this as a baby shower gift & love it! It’s the perfect little reading spot in Liam’s room and he feels like such a big boy sitting in it.
And the most researched – baby gear!
1. 4Moms Mamaroo Bouncer, Grey Classic
2. Britax B-agile stroller/B-safe car seat travel system
3. Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Deluxe Bouncer
4. Fisher -Price Rock n’ Play – Liam used this as a bassinet, and slept right next to our bed up to 4 months when we moved him into his crib.
5. Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat
6. Peapod – This portable sleep tent is awesome! We’ve used it for travel & day-trips to the beach. When Liam was younger, he had no problem taking a nap in it.
7. JOOVY Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller, Black
8. Graco Pack N’ Play Playard Nimble Nook, Pierce
9. LILLEbaby All-Seasons Ergonomic Baby Carrier
Our favorite cloth diapers & cloth diaper accessories!
1. Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag (2 Large) – I hung one of these right on the wall next to our changing table, and the other we kept on the back of our bathroom door. When we change Liam, we separate the inserts from the cover and throw everything right into the wet bag so it’s ready for the laundry.
2. Thirsties Package, Snap Duo Wrap, Woodland Collection Moutain Range, Size 1 – We used these covers along with pre-folds from Cottonbabies when Liam was born – it was a great system, and we’ll be using them again with baby #2.
3. Cottonbabies Indian Pre-Fold Cloth Diapers – Infant – I believe we ordered two sets of 12 – they take a bit of prepping, but they worked beautifully during the newborn stage.
4. Kawaii Baby Organic Bamboo Terry Cloth Diaper – We have this diaper in a cute bike print & I would definitely buy more. They are soft against baby’s skin and absorbent.
5. Bumkins Cloth Diaper Sprayer
6. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Diaper Rash Ointment – This diaper rash cream works great – I use it any time his bum gets a little red and it clears it right up.
7. GroVia Reusable Cloth Wipes – These are thick and hold up really well through several washes. My favorite cloth wipes! We typically only need to use one or two for even messy changes.
8. Planet Wise Wet Bag, Medium (1 for diaper bag)
9. Alva Baby Cloth Diapers or Sun Baby Cloth Diapers – these are both great & economical options for pocket cloth diapers. We’ve used both and have been really happy with the quality and how they’ve held up compared to the more expensive brands we have tried.
10. HappyEndings “Night, Night”TM Charcoal Bamboo All In One Diaper – I love these for night-time, especially as Liam got older.
Parents of multiple children, what would you recommend having for baby #2? Or what are some of your baby registry must haves? I’d love to add them to the list! I have a little over a month left of this pregnancy, so we are busy getting ready!